- 200ml thick 10%fat such as Total or even Total 0% fat , if using the latter add a little thinner yoghurt to make it more attractive – to eye and palate
- 50gms fresh mint, chopped
- I garlic clove, crushed.
- I pomegranate, seeds and juice
- I tbsp pomegranate molasses
- ( found in most supermarkets)
- Combine all ingredients together and stick in fridge till needed
- 600gm sweet potatoes, roughly chopped
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 small aubergines
- Plain flour for dusting
- (can be left out if anyone’s got a gluten problem)
- 20ml olive oil
- 10gm butter
- 50 gm fresh mint leaves, finely chopped
- 150gm feta.
Place sweet pots in salted water, bring to boil and cook gently for
Around 15 mins or until tender. Drain and set aside.
Slice aubergines lengthways – about 0.5cms thick
Dust lightly with flour – if you wish
Now you can either fry them in the oil, or brush lightly with oil and grill them
Once golden brown on both sides, place on kitchen towel, to get rid of excess oil
Melt butter in saucepan and add cooked sweet pots, mint and feta for 2mins just to combine flavours. Remove from heat
Line baking tray with greaseproof paper, then layer the aubergine slices and potato mix
I think 2 layers for each stack is enough – 3 aubergines slices & 2 lots of potato mix.
Fridge them until needed – will certainly keep overnight.
Then cook at the last minute for about 15 mins at 200/ mark 7
Serve with the sauce and a few pomegranate seeds dotted about